Monday, June 14, 2010

Saturday the 5th, Part I: Chinatown

Saturday morning at 11 we went to an Indian restaurant in Chinatown. I can't spell the name, but you can see it below. Apparently, it's a non-profit restaurant: it's set up as a buffet, you eat what you want and then you pay what you want. The food was, of course, delicious. The point of this meal was for all of us to meet potential host families, which means the meal was paid for by the program! We love free meals!

After that, the group split up, but since we were already in Chinatown, this ^^^ group of us decided to hang around the area. Three Singaporeans, Gwen, Yong, and another guy (I can't remember his name! Oops) went with us, and that was really cool - our first Singaporean friends! In fact, Gwen is going to UNC next year, and living a floor below me in Cobb!

Yong also went to UNC at one point, I think on an exchange program. He was very knowledgeable, so he led us to a bunch of temples and told us a lot about them! I'll save that for my next post, though.

For now, here are some miscellaneous pictures of Chinatown. As I've pointed out before, it's so fascinating how there are small buildings and temples with enormous skyscrapers looming over them. It makes for a very captivating aesthetic experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment