Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday the 8th, Part II: Riverfront & Colonial

After the museum, a small group of us walked along the river to a nearby mall. It was drizzling, but we shared umbrellas and it was fine. Here are pictures of the riverfront, including the ritzy Fullerton Hotel, statues, Clarke Quay, and several buildings from the British colonial times.

STATUES

^^ Stamford Raffles, the "alleged" "official" "founder" of Singapore. Don't ask about the quotations - it's complicated.

^^ Cats...I don't quite get it, but I guess it gives it character?
This is a fat, ugly pigeon. I don't get this either.

COLONIAL ARCHITECTURE

DOWN BY THE RIVER

Remember that $1 ice cream shop we went to on the scavenger hunt? Turns out they're everywhere and there was one by the river, so I bought a coconut-flavored one! Yum!

THE FULLERTON

We went in to use the bathrooms, and there were pianos all over the place inside with no one playing them. I was so tempted...

CLARKE QUAY

Now for the best part - the mall we went to was just across the river from Clarke Quay, a trendy hangout area for affluent folks (mostly tourists). And, whaddaya know, it has my name! Too great.

1 comment: