Saturday, July 31, 2010

Monday, July 5th, Part IV: Seventy Stories Up!

At last, around 7, I found myself in Raffles City outside the hotel lobby, waiting for the group to arrive. Once they did, we popped on up the (rather funky) elevator and effortlessly arrived at the top!
I say "effortlessly" because being at the top of the Swissôtel reminded me a lot of the Empire State Building - except much, much better. For one, it was free and easy to get to the top. For another, the Empire State Building was kind of horrifying, the way you could feel it swaying (I know that's normal, but it's still unnerving) and could hardly breathe because the wind was so strong. The Swissôtel was classy and ambient and lovely, and the view was breathtaking without actually taking your breath away.
^^ I'm not drunk in any of these pictures, I swear! I just always always always blink when there's a flash.
^^ I got the coolest drink EVER! It was called a Merlion cocktail, and while it didn't actually taste that impressive and I don't remember what was in it, the container it came in made it all worth it! You will never fail to win me over if you give me things in the shape of the Merlion!


And without further ado, here is the view!
^^ Three of my favorite landmarks: The Flyer (ferris wheel), the Marina Bay Sands (boat-shaped building), and the Esplanade (durian-shaped building in bottom-right corner)!
^^ See the river?
^^ The harbour is on the left and towards the top-right are the skyscrapers of the business district.
^^ St. Andrew's, seen from above!
^^ Me, Whitney, and Kelsey!

After we left the Swissôtel, we decided to ride the MRT a few stops down to Orchard and stroll down Singapore's poshest shopping avenue. We didn't really do anything but walk and look, but it was a good time nonetheless!
^^ Delicious tomato-mozarella bread

No comments:

Post a Comment