Thursday, June 24, 2010

Saturday the 12th, Part I: Singaporean Homestay I - New Family, New Home!

I know I keep saying this about different things, but this was one of the best experiences I've had so far! Everyone from our group was put in groups of 2 or 3 and assigned to a homestay family. The families were friends and relatives of our Singaporean student leader, Hui Qian (hopefully you remember her and how to pronounce her name, because she's just going to continue popping up in these posts).

I was teamed up with two girls named Abby and Lacy and assigned to Hui Qian's cousin, Lydia. Here's our happy homestay family! (Also, note the trendy gray shirt I bought in the Arab Quarter for only US$21!)

From left to right: Lydia (18), me, Abby, Lacy, Aaron (21), Andre (16)

Essentially, we just hung out, shopped, and ate. They picked us up from PGP around 10 Saturday morning and took us to this delicious bakery called "Provence." The bread was amazing.














After breakfast, we went to our new home to look around and drop off our stuff!

^^ Home!
^^ Neighbourhood
^^ I got to play the piano for the first time in two weeks!
^^ Andre's room, where I slept.
^^ Lydia's room, where the girls slept.
^^ What a neat chair!
^^ Neighbourhood
^^ Me and Lydia in front of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment